One interesting HR tool16. marta 2018.
To be the leader is not an easy job22. marta 2018.
Human resource managers (HRM) act as intermediaries between owner/CEO/board members and employees. It is important to know that HRMs are business partners and that their tasks are business driven. Although they supposed to be people oriented, they never act as social workers, they are there to enable employee growth within the company but only if that is business need or it is in line with company strategy.
There are few steps how to become one:
- Spend some time learning about the career path, what knowledge and skills are relevant to the position. Look for advanced business courses, management courses, and marketing courses not required for your degree path.
- Be a leader during high school or get a position on student council. Volunteer at local non-profits and charities, seeking positions of power
- Show that you are an ambitious candidate, go for development of your skills independently
- During your studies get some volunteer or internship or summer work HR experience in any commercial environment that will give you a good insight into how organizations operate. If you get sales position, marketing job, and other part time work that requires a lot of face-to-face interactions with customers and clients during studies can help too.
- It is expected you to hold a degree in any discipline. Take classes in business, marketing, HR, and economics. You may also want to take classes in psychology to get input into how people think.
- For more senior HR role you should look for accredited professional qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) and consider a master’s degree.
- When you know what department within HR you prefer certification is the next step in your career